Turnkey interior design for expats
You’re relocating to The Netherlands! We’re here to help you navigate each step toward a beautifully balanced home where you can entertain, relax, and recharge.
With our deep knowledge of the Dutch furniture and design market, we can provide you with a functional space plan and also select all your furniture and accessories within your style and budget. We will integrate items you would like to bring from your current home seemingly in the design.
We like to make the process as fun and easy as possible for you so we’ll manage the project from concept to completion. You will arrive in a fully furnished and styled house. Welcome to your home away from home!
IN 4 STEPS TOWARDS YOUR NEW INTERIOR
STEP 1 INTAKE
- We plan an (online) intake to get acquainted and for me to get to know your family and learn about your wishes and needs.
- What’s your interior style and taste?
- Which functions do you need in your space?
- What budget would you like to make available?
Your time investment: approx. 1,5 hours
STEP 2 SPACE PLANNING
- I provide you with two or three different layout options. You’ll receive them in 3D models to get a good idea of the space.
- Also, you’ll receive a mood board to establish your interior style.
- You’ll receive samples of the different materials we’ll use.
- You’ll receive a light plan which aims at function and atmosphere.
Your time investment: approx. 1, 5 hours
STEP 3 FURNITURE SELECTION
- You’ll receive a pre-selection of the furniture items
- We go shopping together or I will shop and keep you up to date real-time
- You’ll receive offers to order the furniture
- I’ll organise the delivery
Your time investment: approx. 1 to 3 (half) days, depending on your availability
STEP 4 INSTALLATION DAY(S)
- I’ll plan several installation days at your house where I will manage the delivery and installation of the furniture.
- Also, I will go shopping for the accessories and style your place to create that wonderful atmosphere. This will be the cherry on top!
- After the final installation day we’re looking forward to your arrival! You and your family can start enjoying your new home and create wonderful memories in The Netherlands!
Your time investment: approx. 1 hour
ABOUT STUDIO MELANIE PARKER
Hi, I’m Melanie Parker-Zwanziger. In 2013 I started my company Studio Melanie Parker.
I’m married to an expat therefore I’ve seen firsthand the impact of the (temporary) move, and how important a capable local contact is to create ‘your home away from home’.
My mission is to make the world a bit more beautiful which starts in your own home. I believe that if your interior matches your personality, you feel more comfortable in your skin, function better, enjoy more and therefore you’ll be a better person for yourself and your environment.
For years I have traveled the world for multinationals. I noticed the positive effect functional hotel rooms and well-thought-out office buildings had on me. But the opposite effect was also apparent. As a result, I consciously started to delve into interior design. I’ve learned that routing, use of materials, lighting, and especially the combination of it all had a major influence on my mood. And that of many others.
After the (interior) design and the build of our own house, I was sure of one thing: Interior design is my calling. I retrained and over the years have been able to help many clients create their dream homes.
I work with an external team of reliable and proactive professionals to create the look and feel that fits you and your family.
It is in my nature to unburden as much as possible. That is why I like to remain closely involved in the supervision and realization of interior projects. I prefer to work with clients who are positively critical. People who realize what quality is and have high, realistic expectations. Together we create your optimal living experience which you, your family members, and your friends can fully enjoy.
Warm regards, Melanie
Op de hoogte blijven van inspirerende blogs, nieuwe projecten, studio nieuws & interieurtips? Schrijf je in voor de nieuwsbrief.